StarT online courses
NEW IN START: Online training for teachers on project based learning!
StarT will be launching two international MOOCs (Massive Open Online Course) on project based learning this autumn! Below you can find the most up-to-date information on our international courses.
1) Introduction to project based learning through StarT
The first international StarT MOOC will be released in September (week 39) and it will be free for everyone to participate at any time! The focus is on the basics of project-based learning and how StarT supports its’ implementation. The course is entirely self-paced and the completion of the course takes approx. 5 hours.
A sign-up link will be appear here.
2) Project based learning and the theory behind it – create your own project!
The second international StarT MOOC is designed to support the participants in the creation of a project based unit that is in line with science education research. The course will begin on the 5th of November 2018. Signing up for the course will open on the 1st of October 2018.
- During this course the participants will design an interdisciplinary project based unit that is in line with science education research.
- The participants will learn about the key features of quality project based learning and the theory of integrated and inquiry based learning from the researchers of the University of Helsinki.
- The course is suitable for everyone wanting to learn about these topics, and it has a special emphasis on the most popular StarT theme “Nature and environment” e.g. through examples.
- New topics are introduced weekly, and the learning materials include e.g. reading, video lectures and a webinar. Weekly exercises (with weekly deadlines) support the creation of the project based unit. Exercises include e.g. questionnaires, conversations with the other participants on the course platform and providing (and receiving) peer feedback.
- A certificate will be given to those who complete the course.
- The project recipes created during the course will be shared with all the participants.
- The participants will also have a chance to network, and to include cooperation with the other course participants within their projects if they wish to do so.
- The course is worth one credit (27h of work), divided across 4-5 weeks.
- The course will begin on the 5th of November 2018.
- Signing up begins in October 2018. The course has a registration fee.
A sign-up link will be updated here.