The StarT jury has now made their decision on the ten nominees for the International LUMA StarT Award 2021 and the ten nominees for the International LUMA StarT Education Award 2021. From these nominees, the honorary StarT jury will choose the winners.
The winners will be published in the international StarT gala 9.6. The twenty nominees for the International LUMA StarT Awards were chosen by the StarT jury out of the projects and practices that made it to the public voting. The assessment has been carried out according to the assessment criteria. You can read more about the assessment here. The three project teams receiving the International LUMA StarT Award and the three best practices receiving the International LUMA StarT Education Award will be chosen from these nominees.
The International LUMA StarT Education Award 2021 nominees (best educational practice nominees):
- A PBL Course Exploring Ancient Civilization by Liangfeng primary school, China
- Curricular projects using the STEAM project-based Learning by ALHuda Secondary School, Palestine
- Fresh Resource, Fresh Water: The Wutong Mountain Spring Water Protection Plan
by Yunhai school, China
- Harvest time by Osman Akça Secondary School, Turkey
- Manufacture of drawing charcoal by Forssan kuvataidekoulu, Finland
- Mirrors for Minors and Mirror Experiments by Taipalsaaren kirkonkylän koulu, Finland and Sct. Mariæ Skole, Denmark
- Protection of Yongding River Old Course in Wetland by Tianjin Yinghua International school, China
- Recycling of Waste Paper by Fumin Primary School, China
- STREAM Active Learning through Distance by Al-Rajih School & Kindergarten, Jordan
- ValsaBIO by Colégio Valsassina, Portugal
The International LUMA StarT Award 2021 nominees (project nominees):
- Air in my town by OŠ “Miroslav Antić”, Serbia
- Bio Plastic by Green Revolutioners, India
- Electronic interactive Silent Carpet for Deaf by Garden of Knowledge Team, Jordan
- Euch Zitoun 2030 by Euch Zitoun Primary School, Tunisia
- FOR “YOU” – SUSTAINABEE by Ari private schools, Turkey
- Jewelry designer by Yantian institution of Education and Science Kindergarten of Shenzhen, China
- Mask Minder by Loreto College Mullingar, Ireland
- Projekt Neptun by Primarschule Wolfhausen, Switzerland
- The project of exploring Sha Tau Kok river by Middle school in China
- Upper secondary students’ climate calculator for greenhouse gas emissions by Haukiputaan lukio, Finland
Congratulations to all nominees! It is a great accomplishment to be chosen amongst the hundreds and hundreds projects and best practices as a nominee. You can find more information of the nominees here.
Amongst these splendid nominees the honorary StarT jury will be making the decision on the winning teams. The honorary StarT jury consists this year of Prof. Maija Aksela (chair person); Prof. Miia Rannikmäe from University of Tartu, Estonia and Associate prof. Coral Campbell from Deakin University, Australia.
The winners will be announced in the annual StarT gala that will be held virtually this year due to the COVID-19. In the International StarT Gala the three best educational practices will be awarded with the International LUMA StarT Education Award and three projects with the International LUMA StarT Award. The Gala will be held virtually on June 9th as a part of the LUMAT Symposium 2021. Read more about the StarT gala here.